Well, as promised, I am embarking on a list of my top 365 George Strait songs since he’ll be having a going away tour. Sad times.
I will say, the list does not reflect how others view his songs, just how I may have ranked them at some point. If you recognized, this is properly named after King George’s band because they are so important to him too.
365. We Really Shouldn’t Be Doing This — this was probably the first-ever song I heard that I instantly didn’t like of his. I don’t know why, but it just didn’t go over well with me. So, it starts here.
364. I Just Want To Dance With You — not a bad song at all, I like the lyrics more than I like the song as a whole.
363. Honky Tonk Downstairs — least favorite song on the King’s first album.
362. She’s Playing Hell Trying To Get Me To Heaven.
361. Thoughts Of A Fool. First song from the Pure Country soundtrack makes the countdown. Great movie. May have to watch it tonight.
360. She Lays It All On The Line.
359. 4 Minus 3 Equals Zero.
358. Hot Grease and Zydeco. Probably the King’s most interesting song title.
357. Twang. Just not too interested in the song, but it has some alright lyrics…just too much “twang” in the lyrics.
356. Same Kind Of Crazy. Another song with good lyrics.
355. The King Of Broken Hearts.
354. Last In Love.
353. Out Of Sight Out Of Mind.
352. I Get Along With You.
351. Down And Out.
350. Overnight Male.
349. El Rey. Spanish song…I don’t speak it. It’s lucky it didn’t fall down farther on the list. This song can NEVER be confused with Marina Del Rey.
348. Blame It On Mexico.
347. Honky Tonk Crazy.
346. The Steal Of The Night. Could be a song about my wife and I. 🙂
345. I Can’t See Texas From Here.
344. 80 Proof Bottle Of Tear Stopper.
343. A Little Heaven’s Rubbing Off On Me.
342. Every Time It Rains (Lord Don’t It Pour).
341. You’re The Cloud I’m On (When I’m High).
340. I Need Someone Like Me.
339. Fifteen Years Going Up (And One Night Coming Down).
338. Don’t Mind If I Do.
337. Love Comes From The Other Side Of Town.
336. I’m Satisfied With You. Great lyrics. I really enjoy reading through them.
335. You Can’t Buy Your Way Out Of The Blues.
334. Is It That Time Again. “This man is going out of his mind…” is definitely a lyric that describes where I’m at right now. Crazy how it worked out this way.
333. It’s Too Late Now.
332. Let’s Get Down To It.
331. Any Old Time.
329. What Did You Expect Me To Do.
328. The Last Time, The First Time.
327. Blue Is Not A Word. “As long as I’m with you, you fill me so completely through everything you do.”
326. Dance Time In Texas
325. Her Goodbye Hit Me In The Heart. “There’s never been a man who could bring me down.”
324. Our Paths may Never Cross. I really enjoy the lyrics to this one.
323. You’re Dancin’ This Dance All Wrong.
322. Deep Water. “I’m lost between right and wrong.”
321. Rhythm Of The Road. “I’d rather be home, but I make my livin’ on the go” is really the story of my life.
320. Under These Conditions. Some really good lines in this song.
319. In Too Deep. “I’m pushing aside all my pride and it’s worth a try ’cause I’m in too deep to pull out now.”
318. Beyond The Blue Neon.
317. Heaven Must Be Wondering Where You Are.
316. Milk Cow Blues.
315. Anything You Can Spare.
314. When You’re A Man On Your Own. “This ol’ world can lift you up then lay ya down” is a lyric that hits me right now. Hope for some positive news tomorrow.
313. I’ve Convinced Everybody But Me. “I’m all right, I’m okay, that’s what I always say” is a good lyric for today! Definitely a lot better than yesterday…so the lyric fits.
312. Someone Had To Teach You.
311. Angel, Angelina.
310. Hollywood Squares. “Lookin’ back over my love life, I only have myself to blame.” I don’t know if truer words have ever been sung.
309. Cow Town.
308. Honky Tonk Saturday Night.
307. Stranger Things Have Happened.
306. You Still Get To Me.
305. All Of Me (Loves All Of You). The title of the song is great. Rings so true.
304. We Must Be Loving Right. “But wherever we go happiness follows, we must be lovin’ right.”
303. What Am I Waiting For.
302. Lover In Disguise.
301. I Wasn’t Fooling Around.
300. Here We Go Again.
299. The Only Thing I Have Left. Amazing how this song came today. It’s my life, right now…
298. You’re Right, I’m Wrong.
297. Friday Night Fever. “She wouldn’t change me if she could, so I wouldn’t change her, she’s too good.”
296. Beautiful Day For Goodbye.
295. Everytime You Throw Dirt On Her (You Lose A Little Ground).
294. I’ve Seen That Look On Me (A Thousand Times).
293. Why’d You Go And Break My Heart.
292. I Should Have Watched That First Step.
291. We’re Supposed To Do That Now And Then.
290. Her Only Bad Habit Is Me. “She’s an angel and I ain’t, Lord knows she deserves a saint.”
289. Just Look At Me.
288. Someone’s Walkin’ Around Upstairs.
287. You Sure Got This Ol’ Redneck Feelin’ Blue.
286. That’s Where My Baby Feels At Home.
285. No One But You. “My heart won’t let me love no one but you.”
284. High Tone Woman.
283. Honk If You Honky Tonk.
282. I Found Jesus On The Jailhouse Floor. “Now, if you’re in trouble friend, let me tell you what to do; I’ll tell you what He’s done for me.”
281. Need I Say More. “I’ll love you forever, need I say more.” What a great line…most definitely the truth to my wifey.
280. My Life’s Been Grand. “I’ve had good times and bad times and hard times and done time.” Not the song I would’ve picked for the day, but I guess I need to remember the positives of my life instead of the current negatives.
279. Always Never The Same.
278. One Of You. “One of you is all I want and all I’ll ever need, one of you is all it takes to make my life complete.”
277. Don’t Make Me Come Over There And Love You.
275. Home Improvement.
274. You’re Stronger Than Me.
273. I’ve Got A Funny Feeling.
272. Do The Right Thing.
271. Trains Make Me Lonesome.
270. Look Who’s Back From Town.
269. Home In San Antone. “Haven’t got a worry, haven’t got a care, I haven’t got a thing to call my own.”
268. My Old Flame Is Burnin’ Another Honky Tonk Down.
267. Second Chances.
266. Overnight Success.
265. Lefty’s Gone.
264. Faults And All.
263. The Real Thing.
262. Honkytonkville. “Lord knows that we’ve all got memories to burn.”
261. As Far As It Goes. “I’m gonna love you one day past forever, but that’s as far as it goes.”
260. If The Whole World Was A Honky Tonk.
259. Good News, Bad News.
258. Oh, What A Perfect Day.
257. She Told Me So.
256. One Foot In Front Of The Other. “We can get discouraged and lose our courage worrying ’bout the daily grind. But life’s a journey, no need to hurry, it’s one day at a time.” Things are going alright. But I was just told “one day at a time” yesterday…funny how it comes back today. Good stuff. Future is coming around!
255. My Heart Won’t Wander Very Far From You.
254. Texas Cookin’.
253. My Infinite Love.
252. Hot Burning Flames.
251. I Ain’t Never Seen No One Like You.
250. She Knows When You’re On My Mind.
249. Nobody Has To Get Hurt.
248. Holding My Own. “I’ve got good friends and family, they let me know they care.”
247. Is It Already Time.
246. Too Much Of Too Little. “Sometimes a man can get lost in a world of his own.”
245. I’m All Behind You Know.
244. I’m Never Gonna Let You Go. “Tonight I’m the luckiest man in the world. wrapped in the arms of a beautiful girl.”
243. Brothers Of The Highway.
242. West Texas Town.
241. Make Her Fall In Love With Me Song.
240. Ready For The End Of The World.
239. Down Louisiana Way. “We knew the time would come around for me to go.” Fitting since the new chapter in life takes the wifey and I away to start anew elsewhere.
238. Why Can’t I Leave Her Alone.
237. What Say.
236. It Was Me.
235. Heaven Is Missing An Angel. “Heaven is missing an angel, ’cause you’re right here with me.”
234. If Heartaches Were Horses.
233. Shame On Me.
232. I Just Can’t Go On Dying Like This. First song on the countdown from George’s newest album, Love Is Everything.
231. (That Don’t Change) The Way I Feel About You.
230. I Thought I Heard You Calling My Name.
229. Blue Marlin Blues.
228. Lone Star Blues.
227. Drinkin’ Man.
226. House With No Doors.
225. Stay Out Of My Arms.
224. House Across The Bay.
223. Three Nails And A Cross.
222. Without You Here.
221. I’ll Always Remember You. “I hope you won’t forget me, cause we’ve shared a lot dreams.”
220. Big Ball’s In Cowtown.
219. I Don’t Want To Talk It Over Anymore.
218. The Breath You Take. “Life’s not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away.”
217. What Would Your Memories Do.
216. She Used To Say That To Me.
215. Wonderland Of Love. “Without you by my side, life would be meaningless.”
214. Sea Of Heartbreak. “The lights in the harbor don’t shine for me.”
213. Hey Good Lookin’. A little different here, fun song with Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett. No reason it can’t be on here though. The King was definitely involved in this version.
212. What’s Going On In Your World. “What’s going on in your world? I hope that you’re doing fine.”
211. Six Pack To Go.
210. Everything But Quits.
209. When The Credits Roll. “I only hope I can say I was a little less villain and a little more hero when the credits roll.”
208. The Night Is Young.
207. I Just Can’t Go On Dying Like This.
206. I Thought I Heard My Heart Sing.
205. I Believe.
204. You Don’t Know What You’re Missing.
203. I Met A Friend Of Yours Today.
202. A Showman’s Life.
201. Where Have I Been All My Life.
200. Arkansas Dave.
199. Blue Melodies.
A little break from only George Strait songs to have songs that mention the King.
198. George Strait, Pizza Hut, and Slow Dancin’ – Travis Truitt.
197. George Strait – Alex Miller.
196. Something Big (The George Strait Song) – Zachary Hunter.
195. Hooked On George Strait – The Wood Brothers.
194. George Set Me Strait – Moonshine Willy.
193. Heroes – Gord Bamford.
192. Play Something Country – Brooks & Dunn. “I’m a George Strait junkie.”
191. Take A Back Road – Rodney Atkins.
190. On A Good Night – Wade Hayes. “Turn on the radio and find George Strait.”
189. Ain’t Going Down (‘Til the Sun Comes Up) – Garth Brooks.
188. Real World – Big & Rich.
187. Give It To Me Strait – Tim McGraw.
186. If George Strait Starts Dancin’ – Cledus T. Judd.
185. Love Your Love The Most – Eric Church. “Any song sung by George Strait is country at it’s best.”
The last interruption to the countdown is a “Christmas in July” involvement. George Strait released some Christmas albums, so why not include them in middle of the year? We are almost there, and some have Christmas in July celebrations…time to have ours!
184. There’s A New Kid In Town. My favorite Christmas song of King George’s!
183. White Christmas.
182. Winter Wonderland. Halfway through!
181. Merry Christmas Strait To You. Happy 4th of July!
180. Away In A Manger.
179. For Christ’s Sake It’s Christmas.
178. Frosty The Snowman.
177. When It’s Christmas Time In Texas.
176. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.
175. What A Merry Christmas This Could Be.
174. I Know What I Want For Christmas. “I’m a little bit nervous.” Couldn’t be more fitting for the day…
173. Old Time Christmas.
172. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
171. Jingle Bell Rock.
170. Merry Christmas (Wherever You Are).
169. All I Want For Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth).
168. The Christmas Song.
167. Noel Leon.
166. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer.
165. Santa’s On His Way.
164. Joy To The World
163. We Three Kings.
162. Silent Night.
161. Jingle Bells.
160. O Come All Ye Faithful.
159. Up On The Housetop.
158. We Wish You A Merry Christmas.
157. O Christmas Tree.
156. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing.
155. Deck The Halls.
154. Christmas Cookies. This concludes Christmas in July!
153. Shiftwork. Classic duet of Kenny Chesney’s that featured King George.
152. One Step At A Time. “Don’t think that I’m tryin’ to mind your business, it’s a full time job just tryin’ to mind mine.”
151. I’ll Always Be Loving You.
150. Leavin’s Been Comin’ (For A Long, Long Time).
149. I Gotta Get To You.
148. By The Light Of A Burning Bridge. “It sure is hard to let go and to leave the past behind, but there ain’t no other way that you can find some peace of mind.”
147. Won’t You Come Home (And Talk To A Stranger).
146. That’s The Truth.
145. Which Side Of The Glass.
144. The Middle Of Nowhere. “Way out here you can see for miles” is definitely the truth here in Kansas…
143. Good Time Charley’s.
142. Come On Joe.
141. That’s What Breaking Hearts Do.
140. Sittin’ On The Fence. “Truth is I don’t know what she sees in me.”
139. When Love Comes Around Again. “Life ain’t just coincidence, things happen for a reason that don’t make sense.”
138. Am I Blue.
137. Haven’t You Heard.
136. Any Old Love Won’t Do. “I don’t want to love if it isn’t with you.”
135. Lonesome Rodeo Cowboy. “My good ol’ days are just a memory but I just can’t give it up.”
134. A Heart Like Hers.
133. Lovesick Blues.
132. Oh Me, Oh My Sweet Baby. “Oh no one else could take her place in my life.”
131. Somewhere Down In Texas.
130. Tell Me Something Bad About Tulsa.
129. If It’s Gonna Rain.
128. You’re Something Special To Me. “You’re not just someone else, you’re something special to me.”
127. Drinking Champagne.
126. The Nerve.
125. It’s Alright With Me.
124. Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind.
123. Stranger In My Arms.
122. When Did You Stop Loving Me.
121. That’s Me (Every Chance I Get).
120. Looking Out My Window Through The Pain.
119. He Must Have Really Hurt You Bad.
118. A Better Rain.
117. A Real Good Place To Start. “Sometimes a new beginning is found in an old friend.”
116. Four Down And Twelve Across.
115. Neon Row.
114. She Took The Wind From His Sails. “His ship’s come in, she’s put the wind in his sails.”
113. The Night’s Just Right For Love. “I know I’m where I’m supposed to be.” This statement could not be any more true! Love it here.
112. If You Ain’t Lovin’ (You Ain’t Livin’).
111. He’s Got That Something Special.
110. Where The Sidewalk Ends.
109. Right Or Wrong.
108. Bigger Man Than Me.
107. Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven.
106. Rockin’ In The Arms Of Your Memory.
105. Designated Drinker.
104. She Loves Me (She Don’t Love You).
103. When You’re In Love.
102. Round About Way.
101. Back To Bein’ Me.
100. Ace In The Hole.
99. Fly Me To The Moon.
98. House Of Cash.
97. The Eagle. Tremendous song from Jamey Johnson’s “Living for a Song: Tribute to Hank Cochran” where JJ and King George sang together.
96. Peace Of Mind.
95. I Got A Car.
93. River Of Love.
92. Give Me More Time.
91. Better Rain. “I don’t know why all God’s children cry.” — Accidentally used twice?!
90. Murder On Music Row. “Old Hank wouldn’t have a chance on today’s radio” is truth…
89. A Fire I Can’t Put Out.
88. Famous Last Words Of A Fool.
87. The Big One.
86. The Road Less Traveled. “Me I want to live my life and one day leave my mark.”
85. What Do You Say To That.
84. Stars On The Water.
83. Living And Living Well.
82. As Far As It Goes.
81. I Look At You. “I look at you, and I know I’ve got it all.”
80. King Of The Mountain.
79. Fool Hearted Memory.
78. Remember The Alamo.
76. Love Is Everything.
75. Why Not Now.
73. Give It All We Got Tonight.
71. It Just Comes Natural.
70. Write This Down.
69. If You Can Do Anything Else.
68. Don’t Tell Me You’re Not In Love.
67. The Seashores Of Old Mexico.
66. Go On.
65. Texas. “Thank God for my old stompin’ ground.”
64. That’s Where I Wanna Take Our Love (And Settle Down).
63. Let’s Fall To Pieces Together.
62. Here For A Good Time. “Life’s too short to waste it I say bring on anything.”
60. I Ain’t Her Cowboy Anymore. “The best days of my life were the ones I spent with her.”
59. The Fireman.
58. Love’s Gonna Make It Alright.
57. That’s The Breaks.
56. The Best Day.
55. I Know She Still Loves Me.
54. Easy As You Go. “Ain’t nothing like a daughter or a son to make a mama old and keep a daddy young.”
53. I’d Just As Soon Go.
52. She’ll Leave You With A Smile (1997). There are two of these in the countdown, this version from 1997.
51. If You’re Thinking You Want A Stranger (There’s One Coming Home).
49. Without Me Around.
48. Gone As A Girl Can Get.
47. The Chair.
46. I Hate Everything.
44. Give It Away.
43. Check Yes Or No.
41. It Ain’t Cool To Be Crazy About You.
40. Blue Clear Sky.
39. Amarillo By Morning.
38. You Know Me Better Than That.
37. The Chill Of An Early Fall.
36. Living For The Night.
35. I’ve Come To Expect It From You.
33. You Haven’t Left Me Yet.
32. One Night At A Time.
31. She’ll Leave You With A Smile. Second version on the countdown, this one from 2001.
30. Ocean Front Property.
29. How ‘Bout Them Cowgirls. “But you treat her right and she’ll love you like no on else.”
28. She Let Herself Go. “Spent her days raisin’ babies.” And in 15 weeks, we’ll be doing the same!
27. That’s My Kind Of Woman.
26. I Saw God Today.
25. You’ll Be There.
24. Carrying Your Love With Me. Fitting this song hits today with me heading to Vegas for a week…away from the wifey. “All I care about is getting back real soon.”
23. Carried Away.
21. Baby Your Baby.
20. Lead On.
19. The Man In Love With You.
18. You Can’t Make A Heart Love Somebody.
17. I’d Like To Have That One Back. I had to play catch-up with these last 7, a week in Vegas will do that to you.
16. So Much Like My Dad. Ain’t this the truth, maybe not the lyrics as much as the song title!
15. Nobody In His Right Mind Would’ve Left Her.
14. Love Without End, Amen. “Daddies don’t just love their children every now and then. It’s a love without end, amen.”
13. You Look So Good In Love. I just really love this song…had a hard time not putting it in the top 10.
12. Cowboys Like Us. “There’ll be no regrets, no worries and such, for cowboys like us.”
11. Today My World Slipped Away.
10. I Can Still Make Cheyenne.
09. Baby’s Gotten Good At Goodbye.
08. The Cowboy Rides Away.
07. Heartland. “Sing a song about the heartland. Sing a song about my life.”
06. Easy Come, Easy Go.
05. If I Know Me.
04. Baby Blue. This song is awesome. Turn it up loud and sing along every time it comes on.
03. Marina Del Rey. Absolutely love this song. I don’t like the water or beach, but this song is one that gets me.
02. All My Ex’s Live In Texas. This was my first George Strait experience, used to sing this song in my high-chair when I was a young ‘en. It also happens to fall in the countdown on my mommy’s birthday.
01. I Cross My Heart. Wedding song. Perfect since 2014 will bring a new addition to our family.
Thank you for checking it out. Unfortunately, King George is on his way out. I hope to catch him before he goes. There is none better in music today…and for many years running.